Especially now that zombies and vampires are part of pop culture, Halloween is easing into the mainstream and spending may be even higher than for Guy Fawkes Day festivities.
According to Planet Retail, Halloween is now the third-largest holiday in terms of UK consumer spending, after Christmas and Easter.
Here are just a few of the many All Hallow's Eve offerings being marketed for the 2013 holiday:
- Splashing out on a costume? Think about the one-million-pound Morphsuit, with more than 20,000 diamonds (at left).
- For a ghoulish day with lots of exotic animals, visit Bristol Zoo and join the lantern parade (see above).
- How about a spooky evening ride on the Ghost Train in Leicestershire?
- The London Canal Museum has a special Halloween boat experience waiting, complete with children's activities.
- Tour the haunted castle at Muncaster in Cumbria, with magic and a baby dragon and more.